KIRSTEN A. LEVIN
- Crimes (Homicide, Assault, Guns, Drugs, Casino Crimes, Domestic Violence)
- Juvenile Defense (All Crimes, Offenses, Waiver Hearings, School Hearings)
- Pretrial Intervention and Diversionary Programs, including Veteran’s Court
- Disorderly Persons and Petty Offenses (Disorderly Conduct, Underage Gambling)
- Traffic Offenses (DWI/ DUI, Driving Suspended, Leaving the Scene of an Accident)
- Domestic Violence Matters (Plaintiff and Defendant Restraining Orders, Contempt)
- Gun Cases (Illegal Possession, Forfeiture Hearings, Permit Denial Appeals)
Kirsten Levin is a partner at Levin Weinstock. Prior to that, Ms. Levin was a co-founding member and partner of Levin Pisetzner Levin and Weinstock Levin. Ms. Levin concentrates her practice on representing persons accused of criminal and quasi-criminal offenses in the Federal, State and Municipal Courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Ms. Levin has successfully assisted in the representation of the criminally accused in the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and federal courts, in cases in which acquittals or dismissals were secured for clients charged with offenses such as murder, attempted murder, aggravated assault, aggravated sexual assault, carjacking, robbery, gun offenses, drug distribution and possession, casino crimes, and driving while intoxicated. In addition to aggressively defending the criminally accused, Ms. Levin also assisted in providing quality representation in related matters, such as representing plaintiffs and defendants in domestic violence matters (e.g., restraining order hearings, contempt hearings) and gun forfeiture and denial proceedings. In that regard, Ms. Levin volunteers her time to the Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County Pro Bono Domestic Violence Program. Furthermore, Ms. Levin has vast experience in representing persons and entities in civil litigation.
Prior to working as a partner in the above-law firms, Ms. Levin served as a lawyer in the Court of Common Pleas in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the Post-Conviction Relief Unit, where she was responsible for providing procedural and substantive opinions on the post-conviction relief applications filed. Before that, Ms. Levin served as an assistant defender at the Defender Association of Philadelphia, during which time she successfully represented the criminally accused in preliminary hearings, bail hearings, violation of probation hearings, motion hearings, and trials.
In addition to her experience as a criminal litigator, Ms. Levin practiced as an attorney at GMAC Mortgage, where she focused exclusively upon employment litigation involving wrongful termination, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, and hostile work environment matters. Previously, Ms. Levin was an associate at Nugent, Fitzgerald, McGroarty & McFadden, P.A., where she was involved in every facet of civil litigation.
Ms. Levin had the privilege of serving as a law clerk for the Honorable Carol E. Higbee, Pr.J.Civ., where she researched issues, drafted memoranda, and recommended dispositions in civil litigation cases. Prior to her clerkship, Ms. Levin was selected as a judicial intern for the Honorable L. Anthony Gibson, J.S.C. (ret.) in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division and the Honorable Phillip A. Gruccio, J.S.C. (ret.) in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division. During her internships, Ms. Levin reviewed judicial opinions prior to publication and researched and wrote judicial memoranda.
Ms. Levin is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and all state courts in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Levin Weinstock Levin, Atlantic City, NJ, Partner (June 2019 – present)
- Levin Pisetzner Levin, Atlantic City, NJ, Partner (June 2016 – June 2019)
- Law Offices of Joseph A. Levin, LLC, Atlantic City, NJ, Partner (July 2006 – June 2016)
- Levant, Martin, Tauber & Levin, P.C., Atlantic City, NJ, Of Counsel (October 2002 – June 2006)
- GMAC Mortgage, Horsham, PA, Staff Attorney (October 1999 – October 2000)
- Court of Common Pleas, Post-Conviction Relief Unit, Philadelphia, PA, Staff Attorney
- Defender Association of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, Assistant Public Defender (September 1998 - September 1999)
- Nugent, Fitzgerald, McGroarty & McFadden, P.A., Linwood, NJ, Associate (September 1994 - September 1998)
- Honorable Carol E. Higbee, Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County, NJ, Judicial Law Clerk/ Civil Law Division (September 1993 - September 1994)
- Honorable L. Anthony Gibson, Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County, NJ, Judicial Law Intern/ Chancery Division (January 1993 - May 1993)
- Honorable Philip A. Gruccio, Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County, NJ, Judicial Law Intern/ Appellate Division (June 1992 - August 1992)
- Jacobs, Bruso & Barbone, P.A., Atlantic City, NJ, Law Clerk (June 1991 - August 1991)
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- Juris Doctor - 05/1993
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award in Legal Methods (Legal Research and Writing)
- Villanova University, Villanova School of Business, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science - 05/1990
- Major: Accounting
- Atlantic County Bar Association, Member (2007 – present)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member (2019 – present)
- New Jersey Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member (2019 – present)
Current Employment Positions
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1994
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1993
- American Jurisprudence Award in Legal Methods (Legal Research and Writing)
- Honor Grades in Legal Methods; Moot Court; Contracts I; Contracts II
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County Pro Bono Domestic Violence Calendar